Mid Winter Cuban Salsa Dance and Paint Group Excursion
(Feb. 22nd – Mar. 7th, 2016)
What’s in it for the non-painter besides warm weather?…
* See the countryside from Santa Clara to Trinidad, Cuba through the Escambrian Mountains by day
* Visit Santa Clara, Trinidad, and Havana
* Travel with a group
* A Salsa Dance Class
* Visit Plaza Mayor in Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage sight.
* Experience various modes of transportation including horse cart to the Valley Look Out outside of Trinidad
* Visit a pottery studio
* Stay in authentic Cuban Casa Particulars (B&B’s)
* Visit and swim at Playa Ancon Beach
* Visit a traditional Cuban market
* Visit Valle de los Ingenios (also a UNESCO sight) and see a sugar cane farm and stop at a number of Spanish colonial mansions
* Visit to artist Armando Portiales’ Gallery in Caracusey Village
* Gallery visit to internationally celebrated Cuban artist Judit Vidal
* Book an optional excursions: hiking, horseback riding and swim in waterfall pools at Topes de Collantes National Park or book a catamaran / snorkeling excursion at Playa Ancon (Beach).
* A group celebration pig roast with all the traditional Cuban fixings
* Travel from Trinidad to Havana and see the countryside
* Ride the Red Double Decker around Havana
* Visit hstorical Hotel National in Havana
* Walks along the Malacon near the ocean
* Visit historical John LennonPark
* Visit Plaza de Armas and visit surrounding book fair. Maybe you will find a Hemingway!
* Visit Obispo Street a pedestrian street with shops and restaurants. Buy a beer and listen to live music at Cafe Paris.
* Visit Taller Experimental de Grafica de la Habana (a lithography studio)
* Dancing at several night clubs, The Jazz Cafe in Vadado and Le Gato Negro, a famous balero jazz club
* Visit Plaza Vieja’s (old Havana) restored colonial buildings
* Optional visit to an International Photography Gallery
* Visit Museo National de Bella Arts
* Visit to Plaza San Fransisco
* Cross over by ferry to Castle near Havana and take the historical tour
* Optional supper at Paladar La Guarida en La Havana (a private restaurant) where international celebs have frequented
* Transfeer to Varadero and seethe countryside
- Find out you have a hidden talent for painting!
Registration deadline is Jan. 30th, 2016. Call 1-877-335-7655 toll free. Seats are still available on our flights but do not delay! You just may even want to bring a painter (included 10 painting sessions with Sask. artist Nikki Jacquin of http://www.nikkisportraits.com )!