acrylic painting, Art classes, Art exhibition, art instruction, art lessons, Artist-in-residence, Creative Partnerships, Cypress Hills, Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, Government House, Inspiration, May 2013 Art Events Regina, Michaels Craft Stores, Nikki Jacquin, Nikki's Portraits of Childhood, Paint, painting, Regina, Regina Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, sketching, travel, Visual Arts, watercolour
Well I have set up my studio space in the artists’ cabin in Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, Saskatchewan side once again. It is my second stay this year. I was happy to be asked to return again. The guest artist residency here will give me much needed time to focus on my art practice, teaching classes as part of Art in the Park and some goals I have for myself. I will complete as much as I am able during my August 29th – Sept. 8th, 2013 visit.
- Complete 1 – 2 more Cypress themed paintings on copper so that I can begin applying for representation with commercial galleries. (I have 11 so far of the 15 needed.)
- Complete 1 -2 paintings for the Oct. – Dec. 2013 “In Full Bloom” art exhibit by students of my acrylic mediums class taught in the Government House Edwardian Gardens in Regina. The exhibit will be held at Government House in Regina.
- Prepare a 5 min. PowerPoint presentation / talk about my work for the CARFAC SASK. all mentors and trainees first meeting in Saskatoon coming up sometime in Sept. 2013.
- And teach an all day workshop hosted by the Maple Creek Art Club entitled “Using Your Sketchbook as a Tool to Creativity” on Sat., Aug. 31st, 2013. Thank you Maple Creek Art Club for your work in advertising this sold out workshop!
As Part of my Guest Artist Duties:
- I will also be leading but not instructing some free plein air paint outs in the park! All are welcome. You must bring your own materials but pack lightly as we will walk (short walk) to our painting site. The idea is to paint quick studies of the same scene but under different lighting conditions on different days. We will meet at the artists’ cabin just inside the gates of the park and up the hill from the ice cream shack. This is a chance for us to get out in these gorgeous hills and paint. This event will not be held in the event of bad weather. For more information you can call me, Nikki at 1-877-335-7655 toll-free.
Tues., Sept. 3rd; 9 – 11 am
Wed., Sept. 4th; 1 – 3 pm
Thur., Sept. 5th; 6 – 8 pm
- I will also be teaching the following step by step beginner acrylic classes of scenes within Cypress Hills. The classes are $10. / person. Max. 12 students / class. 9 yrs – adult welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult. To pre-register visit the artists’ cabin in the park during open studio times 3:30 – 5:30 pm Tues., Wed., Thurs.; Fridays 10 am – noon and Sun., Sept. 1st; 10 am – noon. Funds go to support the work of the Friends of Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park and ismade possible by a Creative Partnerships with SaskParks and funded by the SaskArts Board, Sask Lotteries, Sask Culture. In the event of bad weather classes will be held at the artists’ cabin. For more info call me, Nikki at 1-877-335-7655 toll free.
Sun., Sept. 1st; 1 – 3 pm (Meet at the white tents by the park visitor centre.)
Sat., Sept. 7th; 10:30 am – 12:30 pm (Meet at the white tents by the park visitor centre.)
“Conglomerate Cliffs; Cypress Hills, Sask.” acrylic copyright N.Jacquin 2013